Four (eight) things you may (or may not) want to know about me…
Lucky you, eh?
Four places I have lived:
I’ve only lived in two cities, but, boy have I moved around…
1. Baulkham Hills – I grew up right on the leafy (then) edge of the city of Sydney. House backed onto bushland where my father’s garden was/is stunning.
2. Redfern – Anyone familiar with Sydney will now that moving from the idyllic quiet of the outer ‘burbs to a share house with 5 other people, on a major arterial road, next to petrol station near the airport is madness. I loved it. Blue plastic carpet and all.
3. Clovelly – 10 years and whole lot of Inner West houses (and even a brief stint in uber-groovy Bondi) later and I found my favourite place to live, by the sea (nearly). Before the groovy people and their baby carriages moved in; before I met The Artist.
4. Melbourne: Love it. More than I thought I would.
Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Ice Cream Girl – replete with ‘attractive’ pink outfit. ‘Nuff said.
2. Children’s Bookseller – and storyteller. Not the best storyteller – I once terrified a child so much that his mother yelled at me. I was only doing a bear impersonation for heaven’s sake...
3. Reviewer – of children’s books. Free books. Yeah!
4. Don’t have a fourth one. Lots of retail stuff though. Lots. Can I say ‘writer’ now?
Four favourite holiday destinations (in no particular order):
3. Waiheke Island.
4. New York.
Four favourite Foods:
2. Fish sauce (Nuoc Cham) and anchovies (similar product really, just different cuisines).
3. Coconut milk (full fat, please)
And from Wendy…
Four films I love:
1. Withnail & I – watched way too many times, I must add.
2. Lost in Translation - Bill Murray doing the Roxy Music classic, ‘More than this’ at karaoke…too funny.
3. Dancer in the Dark. Bjork breaking, B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G, my heart. Did the same to Edward (teenage step-son). We both sobbed, together in the backyard, for a full hour afterwards. Hard to watch…
4. The Door in the Floor. Jeff Bridges (ah, how similar you are to The Artist, Mr B.) as a children’s book author from the John Irving novel ‘Widow for One Year’. A very ‘adult’ (don’t snicker – not in that way) film.
Four things I like about summer:
3. Swimming, at the beach, especially with The Artist’s nieces and nephews (and the dog if possible).
4. Seeing old, trusted friends (hopefully).
Four foods I don’t like:
1. Chokoes. Urghhh…
2. Bananas. But I try, every day.
3. Milk. In things? Fine. But on its own…
Four favourite dog breeds:
1. Jack Russells. (Check out that amusing schmoodle…quite the fool.)
2. Border Collies.
3. Blue Healers.
4. Scruffy dogs. Any and all of them.
Four (lovely) people I’d like to tag: (who are by NO MEANS under any obligation to do so - you hear me? If you do want to play along, just pick any four topics above, or make up four of your own.)